Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Kuff Has Landed!

I can't believe I'm a "blogger."

I apologize in advance if I offend anyone, BUT: until recently, if you asked me what kind of people had blogs, I'd tell you that it was reserved for nerds and socially awkward individuals.

Then I got a job as a Content Writer at an SEO firm {if you are unfamiliar with SEO, go here}. I started writing daily press releases and posting news articles on our websites. I began researching and subsequently writing content for our site pages. After three weeks on the job, I officially had the writing bug. I look forward to going to work in the morning because I know that I'll be able to write. Granted, I am writing about a specific topic, {which I cannot divulge for legal purposes! But trust me, it's BORING!} but the opportunity to write, post, and then view MY press release on the ginormous Internet is a daily thrill.

And because I am limited to what I am able to write about from 9-5, Monday through Friday, {and sometimes Saturday, too} I decided that I needed a blog. If this classifies me as a nerd, then so be it.

About Me

Nicolette Kuff is an alias. I do not use my "real name" for various reasons - at work, in fact, I have several alias email addresses {this is not "just because," it is, again, for legal purposes!}. I decided to utilize this particular alias because this is the name that I use when writing for Blogger News Network. I am able to give myself a "shameless plug" at the conclusion of each submission on BNN, and lots of contributors post a link to their blog. Now that I actually HAVE a blog, I can throw a link at the end of each article & hopefully attract some readers!

In case you were interested, I chose "Nicolette" because it's a variation on my given first name. Ooo! And I chose "Kuff" because it's a variation on my Mom's maiden name, and it was also her nickname when she was a teenager & college kid.

I am 23 years old and I grew up in Upstate NY. I went to a Catholic high school, and my only detention was a result of rolling my plaid skirt and exposing what was considered to be an obscene amount of leg. I ventured down South and went to college for a year in NC, after which I made my way back up to the snowy North to finish school...and move back in with my parents. I have a fabulous boyfriend of over one year, who I'll refer to as "D" for all intents and purposes here. I am adopted. I'm lactose intolerant - despite this, I still have an ongoing love affair with Ben & Jerry. I recently got a TERRIBLE haircut, and I am mourning the loss of my long, luxurious locks. DISCLAIMER: I am a Republican. I feel as though I should warn you! I'm afraid of the dark, I am addicted to my Blackberry, and I am afraid of cats.

The Daily Kuff

I am a HUGE news buff: I check the news {generally, MSNBC.com is my go-to news site} as soon as I wake up, either on my Blackberry while commuting to work or on my laptop as soon as I arrive at my desk. I am especially fond of the "Crime & Courts" section, as well as any news related to health, religion, and politics. In addition, I am also shamelessly addicted to celebrity gossip. I frequent TMZ.com and WWTDD.com {WARNING: WWTDD.com features adult content, so view at your own risk. I warned you!}.

I generally find news stories of real substance to write about on BNN, so The Daily Kuff will be MY place to comment on anything I'd like. I may also write about work-related stuff from time-to-time, as I do spend a LOT of time working. I am new to blogging, so please be patient and kind: I would really dig comments, but NICE comments. Tell me what you'd like me to blog about!

1 comment:

Hilary Claire said...

Dear Ms. Kuff,

I thought that you might be interested in this publication because of your blogs. Please let me know if you have any questions!

A strong education system is absolutely essential when it comes to ensuring America’s continued success. But what must the country and the administration do in order to improve our broken system? In the latest edition of The Ripon Forum, several renowned leaders, including David Longanecker, Newt Gingrich, and Howard McKeon share their opinions on achieving world class schools, changes in education demographics, the role of technology in classrooms, The No Child Left Behind Act, and the importance of math and science for future generations.

The Ripon Forum is a resource for timely political news and debate, and the current edition focuses on the education issues that will affect the future of our nation and its students. The full issue is available for viewing at http://www.riponsociety.org./forum-jun-july-08.htm.
I hope you’ll feel free to contact me if you are interested in using the article below, or any Ripon Forum article, as a resource for yourself.

Best Regards,

Hilary Leister
Hilary@verasolve.com