Sunday, June 29, 2008

Kuff's Favorite Things

Oprah does it - so why not compile my own list of "Favorite Things?"

Designer Jeans

I am short - about 5' 2" - and curvy, so finding a pair of jeans that fits me right away, without tailoring, is an impossible feat. I have come to terms with this. In fact, it was really the handsome D [my boyfriend] that got me hooked on having clothing items tailored. Anyway, the hunt for a pair of jeans that meet all of my denim criteri
a can be compared to finding the man of your dreams. You have a very specific list of what you want and you have to try on several pairs before you find a pair that fits. My list of criteria include a bootcut or trouser cut, as I look ridiculous in skinny jeans [but I think that anyone who wears skinny jeans look ridiculous] and the flare style brings me back to middle school, when the flared jean trend first took flight. I also prefer a darker wash with a medium rise, so that I do not subject innocent people to a glimpse of my buttcrack if I happen to bend over.

I have found that Paper Denim and Cloth jeans are by far the absolute best. My favorite pair of PDC jeans date back to 2005, and I have worn them more than any other clothing item that I own. I have a second pair of PDC, a darker wash with a sexy fit, that I wear only with heels. PDC jeans accentuate the behind [which I refer to as "my highness"] and they have the perfect amount of stretch in the legs - however, they do not stretch out in the rear and give you diaper-butt.


I also love Joe's jeans. I just purchased my first pair, and I adore them. I actually wore them downtown for the very first time last night with an ultra-h
igh pair of Steve Madden heels. I felt like a skinny rockstar. My pair are the Honey fit, which is a curvy, sexy fit for a curvier woman. I love love love them.

I am also a fan of 7 for All Mankind jeans; however, they are grossly overpriced [in my opinion] for the way that they fit. They are incredibly soft, though, and they wash well. I just purchased my first pair and had them tailored. They are perfect for work and for more relaxed occasions, as they are perfect flip-flop length.


I am fiending for a pair of Chip and Pepper jeans. I have yet to locate a pair that fits perfectly, though. They have maternity jeans - note to self for possible pregnancy in five + years.

If you are unwilling or unable to pay for designer jeans, I also like certain styles at Gap and Express. I worked at Express for a year and find that the big downfall is that their jeans, without fail, will stretch out and loosen in the behind every time that you wear them. You have to throw them in the dryer every time that you wash them in order to maintain the fit.

PiperLime

Forget Zappos. PiperLime is a Gap company [along with Banana Republic & Old Navy] and they sell every style of shoe imaginable, at every price point. And they have killer sales. I have yet to order from PiperLime, as all of the shoes that I lust after are far out of my price range, but I love to browse.

Overstock.com is also perfect for shoes. I searched for a pair of brown leather heeled boots for winter for MONTHS and could not find a pair that I liked. I finally found a pair of Nine West Bhavin boots on Overstock, and they are the loves of my life...after D. Lord & Taylor is the best department store for shoes - they rival Nordstrom. No
rdstrom had this pair of beautiful Cole Haan slingbacks in a beautiful, bold yellow snakeskin, and they were developed using Haan's patented Nike Air system, so they were like wearing a pair of house slippers. I lusted over those shoes forever.

Bottled Water

D laughs at me because I like "gimmick water." He makes fun of me and rolls his eyes whenever he sees me toting a bottle of Fiji, Ethos, or Smartwater.
I don't care - these 3 brands of bottled water are far superior to Poland Springs and equivalent, and I dehydrate easily, so I usually have a bottle with me. Besides, the bottles look good. This is important!

Facebook

All of the ridiculous applications are addicting. I love sending people bumper stickers and pieces of flair. But I secretly wish that D would consent to a "Facebook relationship" with me.

Smartfood Cheddar Popcorn


It's my new snack. I adore it. And I love licking my fingers after I've eaten my fill. Yummo.

Ben & Jerry's Americone Dream Ice Cream

I suffer as a result of this, but it's worth it. It's Steven Colbert's [of Comedy Central Colbert Report] brainchild, and it's tasty: pieces of waffle cone covered in chocolate paired with vanilla ice cream with caramel swirls. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.


Check out the mug that I am drinking coffee out of as I write - my adorable Mom found this for me at JFK airport and brought it back after a week at our Florida home. I love it - it's so kitschy and over-the-top:


Yes, it says "New York Princess."


No comments: